How to avoid delinquent accounts
March 5, 2022 | | Debt
- Avoid carrying a balance when possible.
- Set up automatic payments each month, especially for cards you rarely use.
- Update your contact and mailing information to receive card notices in a timely manner.
- Establish an emergency account for bill payments and unexpected costs.
- Call your card provider before you miss your next payment.
Start the conversation with your creditor as soon as you know there’s a problem. Be honest and ask what can be done to keep your account current. Get any agreements in writing and stick to them. While this process may be tedious and require tightening up your spending, getting on a payment plan can help restore your card to good standing.